The objective of the REMEDIC project was the development of two laboratory units dedicated to stem cell handling and manipulation, one in the Medical School of the Aristotle University in Thessaloniki and one “St. Kliment Ohridski” University – Higher Medical School in Bitola.
For the implementation of the project the parties recognized the need to proceed in discrete steps including
- Organize and manage the implementation of the project
- Perform the required works with respect to developing the infrastructure that will accommodate the laboratory units
- Purchase and install the necessary equipment and fine tune the facilities
- Develop functional protocols for isolation, expansion, differentiation, and storage of stem or other cell types that will be decided during the course of the project depending on the most recent advances of cell therapies
- Communicate the acquired know how amongst them and the scientific community and seek connections with the market